Having a little girl is a lot different for me than having a boy. There are so many different things to enjoy. First of all, I’m having lots of fun dressing Maya. Half of my fun is picking out her outfits in the morning and her pajamas at night. I also enjoy her bath times as much I did Jayden’s but even more so since I get to massage her and lotion her up. I really had a lot of fun picking out a great variety of pretty smelling lotions. I didn’t do that as much with Jayden, him being a boy and all. Nowadays, I’m finding that Jayden loves lotion more than I ever imagined. And sometimes, when I have a hard time getting him to take a nap, I use lotion to massage him and it helps soothe and relax him.
Maya is growing nicely and her jaundice is almost all gone. This makes me really happy because I know she’s getting all she needs from my milk to grow and get better. I didn’t get a chance to nurse Jayden so I’m grateful to have this opportunity with Maya. I share tons of great moments with her through breastfeeding. There were times in the beginning where I thought I would give up but I’m so happy I didn’t. It’s a special time for us. Today she was dressed in a set of pink long johns that were just too cute. She latched on with her eyes still closed. She grabbed onto my breast with both hands and was actually gulping the milk down. Then she curled her little body so she could get on her side and somehow get closer to me. Her little leg was stretched out and pointed straight out. She makes the best little faces when she nurses. She’s just precious.
Even though it gets challenging at times, breastfeeding is such a neat experience. My most trying time is in the evening when it seems that Maya is latched on for what seems like hours. Then I feel like all I’m doing is bouncing back and forth between Jayden and Maya and when I get one settled the other starts up. Thankfully, tomorrow I’ll be getting my hands on a breast pump. Maya tends to feed less throughout the night so I can pump and use my milk between 7 - 10 pm when Maya most wants to eat. This will help to free me up to put Jayden down for the night without feeling like I’m losing my mind. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway.
For the past couple of days, we have been company free so I’ve been able to get a pretty good idea of what things will be like when I’m on my own. Thankfully, Jayden is easier to manage when we are by ourselves. He’s still a two year old, but at least it doesn’t feel like a losing battle. He really seems to love Maya and takes any opportunity to kiss her. He also likes to lay next to her to have his drink. He’s completely intrigued by breastfeeding and watches intently. Today, he “helped” me remove my bra and grabbed my nipple. I did not stop him as I’m curious myself to see what he’s going to do, but all he did was give me a couple of quick pecks, smile at his daddy and move on. I am having lots of fun with Maya and Jayden and no doubt life is harder with two kids, but I wouldn’t go back.
I feel bad for Jayden because he’s having a rough time adjusting to his new schedule, new sister and to constantly having company. For a while, I felt like he was getting more and more out of control as the days went by. I felt like the only conversations I was having with him were heated and consisted of “No Jayden!” or “Stop Jayden!” He just kept finding more and more ways to get into trouble, which is even worse now since he learned how to climb and that opened up a whole new world of trouble and danger. He’s so much better when I’m not constantly yelling and screaming at him or threatening him with my slipper. I’ll be happy when I can focus more time on him. I can’t wait to spend some quality time with my little boy.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
New Baby Girl & Adjusting Little Boy
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I am so glad Jayden is doing better Elizabeth. Seems like he's getting adjusted to his new baby sister and getting back to his own routine. I am sure all those visitors and a new baby does not help him feel secure at all. My friends told me that once they realize the baby is there permanently, they are better. I hope it's not too long for Jayden.
Post a Comment