Jayden was down to just a few diapers. I told Esteban and he said he would go in the morning to pick up a box. Morning came and Esteban put Jayden’s final diaper on. I reminded him to go to the store to get diapers, but he was still tired and crawled back into bed. Not even 10 minutes later, Jayden came to me and said ca-ca. Oh-no. Please don’t go poop. I am completely out of diapers. I go back to the room to wake Esteban and he rushes off to Wal-Mart.
Jayden continued saying ca-ca. We went to the bathroom and I removed his diaper. I sat down on the toilet and told him to sit in his potty chair. He sat down but got up again saying ca-ca. I know, poor boy. He has to go and is probably mortified that he doesn’t have his diaper on. The phone rings and he rushes out of the bathroom. Oh no. I quickly finish up on the phone and go back to the bathroom with Jayden.
I sat down and he sat down. Guess what he said? Ca-ca! He was about to get up when all of a sudden, he does the deed and quickly resumes his position on the potty chair. I reassured him that it was ok. As soon as he was done, he shot up and looked at the potty and said ca-ca. I know, I know. It’s ok. Look. I take the inner potty and dump the contents in the toilet bowl. This makes him happy because he now gets to flush the toilet, which to him is one of life’s greatest pleasures.
I tell you I was thrilled. I was full of praises for Jayden. What a good boy! A big boy! Yeah Jayden! I whisked him away to his room for a clean-up and put his old diaper on in the meanwhile. I called Daddy to inform him of Jayden’s accomplishments. While I have been feeling like a failure in the nursing department, this was clearly a victory in potty training. Of course, Jayden went poop in diaper two times afterwards without telling me first, but that’s ok. I understand that this is the beginning in the long process of potty training. My little boy is growing up.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
A Major Milestone!
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment