Maya is 7 months old today. I don’t know where the time goes. It seems like the more I try to hold on to it, the faster it slips through my fingers. Here are some of her milestones.
Maya is getting stronger and stronger by the day and growing out of her clothes quickly. She’s able to hold herself up pretty well in the sitting position with assistance, but can’t sit on her own yet. Her legs are really gaining strength and she supports her weight on them when you hold her up. She’s no where near crawling, but she gets tons of tummy time and when she’s on the bed, she pulls up on her arms and knees and lunges. Maya’s hair seems to be growing too. Most of the growth is on top, but I noticed that the little bald spot on the back of Maya’s head is starting to grow too. If I remember correctly, this is about the time when Jayden’s hair started to grow and get curly. I hope that Maya has a head full of curls too, but I’ll love her either way.
She has definitely decided that her favorite sleep position is on her tummy. Even when she nurses to sleep, she pops herself off and rolls over. Because of that, she’s burping herself so one less thing for me to do. Maya has four teeth now. None are big enough to get a picture of though. They broke through and they seem to be just kinda hanging out for now. Maya does quite a bit of babbling and her favorite most happy time is at her early morning feeding, somewhere around 5-6 am. Yes, we’re all just as happy as she is at that very moment. Here she is after she fell over from the sitting position.
Maya is eating cereal and baby food now. I can’t say that she has a favorite. She just eats it all up. She likes vegetables just as much as she likes fruits and she even liked sweet peas. We are starting to work on finger foods. She likes the puffs but she can’t manage to keep them in. They fall out of her mouth and she goes crazy trying to pick them up and stuff them back into her mouth. I have to note that Jayden always wants to eat when Maya does, even if he just ate. If she nurses, he tries to nurse. If she’s having cereal or baby food, he politely waits his turn and then puckers up and opens wide. He cracks me up!




1 comments:
The kids are adorable. I can't beleive Maya is already 7 months old. Love the pics of jayden with his balloon and book.
Post a Comment