Here's a peek at our Christmas. On Christmas Eve, Maya decided to try to get a sneak peek at the presents. She dove right in with her mouth. I thought it was funny and reached for the camera but Jayden was appalled!
After, I got Maya to fall asleep, Jayden and I made Christmas cookies. We had so much fun. We made Viennese Vanilla Cookies and they were delicious. I would say they were a blend of a sugar cookie and a butter cookie and they were filled with almonds. I rolled them out and cut them out into Christmas shapes. Then I decorated them and for the next two hours, all Jayden could say was cookie! It was like his entire vocabulary was gone, except for cookie. Here he is winking at me.
It was hard getting him to understand that we had to cook them first. He was very amused by them.
I put the kids in bed with me that night. As you can see, Jayden was knocked out, but Maya was waiting for Santa Claus to come.
On Christmas morning, Jayden rolled over and spotted Maya and the first thing he does is roll over onto her and give her hugs and kisses, which she loves.
For breakfast, I made stuffed french toast. It was yummy delicious and then Maya fell asleep so we had to wait for her to wake up before opening presents. They were very fun to watch. Jayden opened up all of his presents and even though Maya was doing very well on her own, Jayden had to help her too. Then he tried to take ownership over the gifts too. Silly goose!
All I ever saw of him was his back. He was like the Tasmanian Devil and there was wrapping paper everywhere. To him, it was like a job and he took it very seriously. When he was done opening one gift, he was back for more.
Maya loved her toys, especially this little piggy that sings a song and does a jiggle. She immediately expressed her love for it by gnawing on it.
Although you could never tell by the pictures, Jayden spent most of the day crying. He's all about having temper tantrums now and here he is after he recovered from his last fit. He got a helmet and pads for Christmas and he wore the helmet to open gifts, but he did not want the helmet to ride his new scooter.
He refused to ride the scooter and insisted on walking next to it instead so of course, he fell down about a million times. So we switched gears and pulled out his tricycle. After his next fit, he managed to have a little fun with Daddy.
Then we put Maya in the swing while Jayden was on his bike, which caused another fit. Oh well. He' just going to have to get over it. Maya wasn't phased by his screaming at all. She was having fun.
To end the screaming, we decided to put the kids into the wagon. Jayden was going for the Oscar, Best Dramatic Actor. It was another fit. But Maya was having a ball. When Jayden thought Mommy and Daddy were leaving without him, he settled down and got into the wagon. 






1 comments:
Great pictures Elizabeth! That picture and caption of how Jayden rolls over and hug and kisses Maya just melt my heart. I hope Ky-An and Ai-Vy will get there some day. Sounds like you are having your hands full with Jayden, I am sorry to hear that. I hope he gets over this tantrum stage soon!
Post a Comment