Today, we let Esteban stay in bed and when he got up, we got ready for church. They showed the best little video from a son's perspective and it was so heartwarming. It was all about how the son was looking at daddy always, even if daddy didn't notice. There was one clip of daddy cutting the grass and the little boy followed along with his Fisher Price Bubble Mower and it was just too cute. I immediately thought of Jayden whom I've seen do this countless times. I couldn't help but cry. Afterwards, they did a slide show presentation featuring dads and their kids. We just had to stay for it so we could see Esteban's picture with Jayden and Maya, which they had taken a couple of weeks back. Adorable.
Afterwards, we had lunch at a San Jose's Mexican Restaurant. Kids eat free on Sunday. I was surprised, but happy. The kids were a little out of hand though, as if they had never eaten out before so we didn't hang out too long. I made a quick run to Publix to pick up some last minute things for dinner and as soon as I got home, I jumped into the kitchen.
I had a plan. It was called Beer Can Chicken and Peach Cobbler for dessert. First I made the rub, which I got from the Neely's on Food Network. Awesome! After the chicken was rubbed down, I worked on the filling for the peach cobbler.
There was alot of sugar in that thing, but I love peach cobbler and it looked so good on the show, I went ahead.
Then I put the bird into the oven and when it was almost done, I worked on the crust. Chicken out and cobbler in.
Unfortunately, we ran out of time for dessert since Esteban had to leave for work at 7pm, but dinner was fabulous. I should have taken a picture of the chicken after it was done. It was gorgeous and delicious. The cobbler wasn't what I'd hoped for, but I'm beginning to think that like scones, I'll never find a recipe that gives me a product just as good as the first one I ever tried!
There was alot of sugar in that thing, but I love peach cobbler and it looked so good on the show, I went ahead.
Then I put the bird into the oven and when it was almost done, I worked on the crust. Chicken out and cobbler in.
Unfortunately, we ran out of time for dessert since Esteban had to leave for work at 7pm, but dinner was fabulous. I should have taken a picture of the chicken after it was done. It was gorgeous and delicious. The cobbler wasn't what I'd hoped for, but I'm beginning to think that like scones, I'll never find a recipe that gives me a product just as good as the first one I ever tried!



2 comments:
You are a really good cook Elizabeth and inspire me to become more comfortable in the kitchen!
Hope you are enjoying the sound of the rain this morning, as I am. Our garden needs it so bad from the scorching temps we have had lately.
Have a blessed day with your family!
Our family does beer can chicken all the time on the grill. It's awesome!
Post a Comment