Monday, February 5, 2007

A Name for our Baby Girl

I am 31 weeks pregnant now. I have 9 weeks left to go and feel ready for the birth of our latest family edition. I've had my heart set on the baby's name for about 3 years now. The problem is that my husband is not 100% sold on the name. Last night, we talked about for the first time in months. He said he felt it was weird. What does that mean? I surely don't know. I don't bother with trying to get an explanation from him because he's not a man of many words. So instead, I try my approach which is to bring up the subject every now and again and see if he sheds any new light on his thoughts.

Last night, I showed him the makings of this blog, which is titled "The Many Adventures of Jayden and Maya". He smiled. I mentioned that I hadn't as of yet shared with anyone that I'd started a blog because I'd openly shared the baby's name on the site and he agreed it was a good idea. We would both like to keep the baby's name private until the birth. (At least we agree on something.) I thought the fact that there was no mention of his aversion towards the name was a good sign. I don't think he's sold on the idea, but I think he might be willing to go for it. Is that wrong?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the name Maya. I think he will grow to love it too. It is not bad of you it's smart of you.