Today was my check in at the OBGYN. I am going on 36 weeks, so that leaves just 4 weeks to go. We have been keeping busy preparing for the baby's arrival. So far, we pre-registered at the hospital. We’ve got the car seats and the bassinet down from the attic. The bassinet was cleaned and stocked so it's ready to go. We also got the toddler bed for Jayden. We just need a mattress. I still have to pack my hospital bag, but I guess we are making progress.
Now for my stats! My weight was at 216 which is up one pound from my last check up 2 weeks ago. The baby’s heart rate was at higher than normal, at 160. She is head down, but hasn't dropped yet. The doctor agreed to do the ultrasound next week, to check the baby's weight etc. He mentioned he'll be out of town from the 22nd through the 26th so as long as the baby doesn't come early, we'll be all right. This visit was the dreaded vaginal exam, where they do the culture. I felt like I spent more time getting ready for my visit than I did for my first date with my husband.
As agreed, the doctor discussed vasectomy as an option. Esteban didn't say much of anything so I asked him if he understood and he said yes. I asked him if he knew what a vasectomy was and he said yes (kinda). The doctor explained more about the procedure and said that the recovery time was less for a man and that it was a less invasive procedure than for me. The doctor mentioned that if I needed a c-section then it would make sense to go ahead and do the tubal ligation, but otherwise it would be best for him to have it done. We haven't had a chance yet to talk about it though because he went to work straight after the appointment. We'll see what happens.





2 comments:
Haha..I can tell Esteban is not comfortable with the idea of the big "V". I would keep pushing it though. It makes much mor sense to have him get it done.
Love the belly pic. I am saying this in the nicest way possible so please don't take it wrong. It's so nice to see someone else who gets as big as me! I think it's because we are so small and our stomach has nowhere to go but out. I am so sick of seeing these ladies with nice little bump so it's nice to see a picture that looks like me. I am only 3 months and look like those ladies at 6!
Wow, Elizabeth--you are carrying that baby all out front, aren't you? It makes me uncomfortable just looking at you! It looks like you are ready to go anytime, despite the last few things you guys have to do to get ready.
Tell Esteban to step up and get the Big V! It's his turn--it's only fair! It does make more sense for the man to have it done, unless you're having a c-section or something and know you don't want anymore right then and there. It's sooo much safer and less invasive for a guy. And really not that big of a deal. But, men are such babies sometimes. Don't want any doctor messing around in manland or whatever...puh-lease!
Post a Comment