Saturday, March 10, 2007

Pigs on the Pond

Today, we took Jayden to Pigs on the Pond. I was so excited. The timing was perfect. Jayden took a great nap and then had a huge lunch. Daddy came home from work, we got dressed and left. We had such a great time. I took Jayden to last year’s Pigs on the Pond, but he was little and couldn’t go on any rides. We found out that there were only two rides that Jayden could ride on, but I was fine with that so we bought our tickets.

One was the Merry Go Round. It would be Jayden’s first time on a real ride, besides those little machines at the supermarket. But Jayden did not seem to like it very much. He would not stay put on the horse, and tried to get off. There wasn’t a seat belt so I was holding on to him for dear life. When it got going, he was ok though. I think the ride was going around pretty quickly so it was hard for him to spot daddy in the crowd but when he did, he would smile. We snapped our pictures and moved on.


Here's Jayden on the merry go round:














Here's Jayden after the ride was over:














The second ride was a slide, but it was way too high. I would not have gotten on this ride myself, let alone with Jayden. We decided to skip it and use the spare tickets on the Merry Go Round later in the evening. The ride area was super congested and since it was later in the evening, many of the families were going and the high school kids were starting to hang out so we decided to make our way back to the stands and kiosks.

I then started my quest to eat as much fair food as possible. First, I went looking for funnel cake. I finally found them and they were huge. Yummy, but super greasy. I could not finish the whole things but luckily Jayden and Esteban helped me finish it off. I was eyeballing the candied apples, but decided to wait when I spotted corn on the husk. There are tons of stands. Which one did it come from? Pigs on the Pond started as a BBQ contest, so you can imagine how many food stands there were. Poor Esteban was joining every queue line I sent him too and then I would go and get him and tell never mind, I don’t want this or that anymore. Finally, we gave up.

We went back to the Merry Go Round. Jayden liked it even less the second time around, even though he was riding with Daddy. Poor guy! My darn camera’s batteries went out and I was unable to get a decent picture so I snapped what I could with my camera phone and we headed back to the food stands.

Here's My boy:












We settled on getting sweet corn fritters with mozzarella cheese because we had no idea where the delicious hot dogs were coming from. Afterwards, Esteban went off to dispose of the trash and disappeared into the crowd. There was only one thing he could be doing. Bingo, he came back and had found the stand selling the corn on the husk. Yes! We head that way. Lucky for me, I had my folding chair so I sat off to the side with Jayden. It was a long wait too, but well worth it. We got the corn plus pulled pork sandwiches.

By now, we were both super full. No more room for candied apples or cotton candy. Oh well. It was a great night. Good exercise. Great company. The weather was awesome. There was a great breeze blowing off of the lake. We couldn’t ask for a better family night out.

1 comments:

Chau said...

Seems like such a fun fair! I go to the fair and festival for the food also. I love the variety of vendors and always start out wanting to try a little bit of everything. Of course I get full after about 2 items.