Monday, March 5, 2007

The Baby is Coming...

This morning, I woke up pretty early. I felt a pain and it was pretty intense. What could it be? It almost felt like the type of pains I had when I went into labor with Jayden. It felt like pressure on the cervix. Could it be? I’m not ready yet. The baby’s not ready. We’ve got 5 weeks to go still. But the pain won’t go. I’ve been getting Braxton hicks contractions on and off, but nothing like this. It feels like the real thing. It lasts longer than I think a contraction should last, but finally stops. Then it starts again. Esteban is leaving for work so I ask him to keep his phone close in case anything happens and I need to reach him. He leaves and it stops. Then a third one. I’m getting nervous. The baby is moving like crazy. What could be happening? Could the baby be on her way? The pain stops and I decide to get up and walk around. Not a long walk. Just long enough to get to the kitchen and fix me a bowl of cereal. If I’m going into labor, I’m not going in hungry, like I did with Jayden. That was the trick. They stopped after that. I guess it was Braxton hicks after all. Wow. That was all it took. The contractions were over. I guess that’s what false labor feels like.

1 comments:

Chau said...

Wow, what a scare. I hope the little one stay put for another couple of weeks!!