Esteban works in food and beverage. He’s definitely doing something he loves to do. He has a gift for taking care of Guests and has great experience. For quite some time, they have been after him to move up the ranks, but he hasn’t really had an interest in it. Lately, they’ve gotten more serious with their offer and they are still in discussions, but it looks as though he may be accepting their offer at a promotion as Captain for Room Service.
I am very excited and nervous for him. I know he can do it. Hands down, he’s the best they’ve got. I just can’t help but worry about him and the change and how it will affect us. Of course, I worry about our financial picture. (No more tips!) I have not mentioned that to him because twice now I’ve accepted a lower paying job for life balance reasons and he’s been fully supportive. The other major change is that he’s going to be working 2nd shift. I wonder if that will be easier or harder for me. He will start at 3pm. He’ll be home with me and the kids (that sounds weird) all day and then leave around 2pm. Some nights he won’t be home until 1 or 2 am and if the graveyard person fails, he would have to stay until 5am. That’s an extreme case.
The boss is moving quickly with him so he may be starting sooner rather than later. Esteban has already explained that he needs them to honor his off days whenever possible which are Thursday and Friday. He’s also explained that I am expecting and he’ll be taking a 2 week leave when the baby comes. I hope they are true to their word. They are making a ton of promises to him, including the opportunity to move into banquets, which is where the money is. We’ll see.
Saturday, March 3, 2007
A Promotion
Posted by Elizabeth at 12:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I hope everything will work out for you and your family Elizabeth. Having dh work the second shift IS a concern. That means you'll be taking care of the kids most evenings by yourself. Feed them, put both of them to bed, etc. Is dh a light sleeper? The kids might be noisy in the morning when he's trying to sleep in. My dad got so mad at us whenever we made noises and he couldn't sleep. We had to tiptoe around when he's home and that's not fun for a kid at all. That might be something else you want to consider. Best of luck!
Post a Comment