Today was my check in at the OBGYN. I am going on 34 weeks, so that leaves just 6 weeks to go. I am getting a little nervous because there is still so much to do and nothing is off of the last list. We still have to pre-register at the hospital, and pack my hospital bag. We’ve got to get the car seats installed, bring down the bassinet from the attic and get a toddler bed for Jayden. I’ve had a couple of people volunteer to help with Jayden when I go into labor so that is a relief. Both of my sisters will be here on April 12th, which is a day after my due date and a day before my birthday!
Now for my stats! I’m not sure why because I don’t think I’m doing anything differently, but my weight was at 215 ½ which is down 2 pounds from my last check up 2 weeks ago. At this point with Jayden, I was weighing just about the same thing. That’s a surprise I wasn’t expecting. The baby’s heart rate was at 140 and she was measuring 34 weeks, or right on track.
The doctor asked if we were planning on having more kids. Since the answer to that is not at this time, he wanted to know if I was having a tubal ligation. I was kinda hopin’ that Esteban would get snipped instead. The doctor thought that was a good idea and offered to discuss the option with Esteban so I guess I’ll be dragging him to my next visit. It’s the much anticipated vaginal exam. (Not!) I remember with Jayden, I had my 36 week visit and they did what they needed to do. I thought that while they were down there, they might as well check to see if there was any action going on, but there was nothing. No effacing, no dilating. Less than a week later, Jayden was born. What a happy surprise. Do you think the baby will come early? Some say no. They say girls take longer.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
34 Weeks Down! 6 To Go!
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Yeah on having such a great appointment. I cannot believe you are at 34 weeks already. I hear you on wanting him snipped and not you having your tubes tied.
I am glad you had a great appointment. I cannot believe that you are 34 weeks already. You will get everything done. I am with you on having him snipped, instead of your tubes being tied.
Wow this pregnancy has gone by quick! I am not at all surprise that you lost 1 pound considering you had to chase Jayden around all day. I am so glad you have someone watching Jayden when you are at the hospital. Are you not going to the same hospital you deliver Jayden? Is that why you have to pre-register again? Hieu and I agreed that he will get snipped when we decide we don't want anymore kids. I will have 3 major surgeries already so it's only fair that he gets one right? :P Seriously, it's a much less invasive procedure for guys than women. Hieu has lots of his friends did it and they are all fine. I know their biggest fear is that all their gear will be working. Please assure Esteben that everything will be the same, he just be shooting blanks! LOL. I know lots of women who had tubal done and they get stomach aches all the time. I agree with Sabrina, let him be snipped. You've done more than your fair share.
Post a Comment