Friday, March 2, 2007

Baby Blues

Jayden has been sick in a way that I’ve not experienced before. My poor baby has been vomiting for the last three days. On Tuesday, I put him down for a nap and I heard him about 45 minutes later. When I got to his room, he was covered in it from head to toe and I almost threw up myself. I was careful with him afterwards and made sure to give him food slowly. It seemed to be a one time occurrence. The next day, he had a great day at the sitters but then he vomited that night. The next day, there was no vomiting and I got a little too excited too fast. I gave him a couple of apple wedges in the evening and the poor guy threw up until there was nothing left in his system. It makes me nervous to see him like that. It’s so scary for parents and for babies. As an adult, I hate throwing up. It’s painful and very traumatic for me. I can just imagine for him. Last night, he was up most of the night and had us up, mostly Esteban all night.

Esteban took him to the doctor’s for me today since it was a work day. She said it was something that’s going around for the past couple of weeks and she felt we had caught it and brought him in just in time. Poor Jayden is back to liquid diet and crackers, dry cereal etc. I made him some jello too and tomorrow, I’ll be picking up some apple sauce for him. At least he’s not vomiting and drinking electrolytes and PowerAde / Gatorade.

1 comments:

Chau said...

Awww poor Jayden. I hope he feels better soon! I really hate seeing them throw up also, they can't breathe and they get so scare. Whenever Ky-An has a bad throw up episode, his face turn dark red to almost blue. That's what scare me the most and I just feel horrible to hear him wail afterward because he was so scare.