Sunday, June 10, 2007

Oh, no! A New Sitter!

What a blow! After finding such a great sitter and having a wonderful relationship with her for so long, we had to find a new sitter. What a bummer. Jena has had Jayden for over a year. I think she’s great and Jayden just adores her. I was so happy that Maya would have such a great sitter. With Jayden, we bounced around between sitters for quite a while until we found Jena and I didn’t want to go through that again with Maya. While I was carrying Maya, Jena never asked about my daycare plans and I never bothered to bring it up either. With my maternity leave coming to an end, I thought I would call her to make sure it was ok for Maya to go there and to my surprise, the answer was no.

Jena explained that with her current load of toddlers between the ages of two and three, she wouldn’t be able to commit to taking an infant. I was surprised because we only go to daycare once a week and Maya will be 3 months by then. All she does now for most of the day is sleep anyway. But I have to respect her decision. I explained to Jena that I didn’t want to have Jayden at one place and Maya at another. First of all, I want them to be together and second of all, I don’t want to be driving around to drop off at two different places. So now, we will start at a new place.

I have two weeks left of leave. When I go back to work, Jayden and Maya will go to their new sitter. It’s still home daycare and located in the same area as my previous sitter, but about a mile closer. They are a husband and wife team and have a great set up. There’s a large fenced in outdoor space with swings, toys, and little tykes equipment. Inside, everything is clean and organized. There are a lot more kids at this place, but I think Jayden will enjoy it. They don’t have a structured schedule, but teach the basics as well as right from wrong in a Christian setting. We have been over twice with Jayden and he seems to be comfortable so hopefully it won’t be too traumatic for him. Let’s hope, right?

1 comments:

Chau said...

I am glad you were able to find another sitter for the kids. I really do hope they work out and they will be much better than your old one. Unstructured is not necessarily bad, at least each kid's individual needs are met instead of making them all go with the same schedule. I agree with not splitting up the kids also. At least when they are together Jayden can tell you if something is wrong.