Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Jayden is Two and a Half!

Jayden is now 2 and ½ years old. Wow, he has changed so much in the last 6 months. It’s amazing. I have all but lost a handle on all of his new words so this will be the last update I make. He’s like a sponge. He’s repeating everything he hears. He goes to bed with his electronic toys and repeats everything the toys say. He’s just now starting to use his baby leap pad and repeats the letters and numbers until he falls asleep. And he repeats things he hears on his favorite shows. He loves Curious George and Elmo. He’s still got very little interest in potty training. He adores Maya and I wonder what he’s going to do when he has to go to big boy school. We are on a waiting list for Head Start and hope a spot opens up soon. These days, Jayden is a picky eater. If it were up to him, he'd eat snacks all day. I try not to stress about it. I know he won't starve. I just try to make sure he gets all his essential vitamins and minerals, but he just makes it near impossible. Where did my good little eater go?

Some of my favorite things that Jayden does:

At night when I put Jayden down for the night, he will often call me repeatedly. I will answer the first few times, but after a while, I stop. One night, I was in my room waiting for him to fall asleep. Everything was pretty quiet and all of a sudden I hear him singing, “Mama, where are you? Mama, where are you?” I started to crack up. I got up and looked outside my door and I see him standing by his baby gate and he’s actually shrugging his shoulders as he’s singing “Where are yooooooou?” Of course, I had to go running over there to give him a hug and a kiss and then I firmly told him to go to bed!

Jayden likes to open the fridge door and stand there. Of course, I don’t like him doing that but I can’t help but laugh at him because he’ll stand there and say “Hmmm.” It’s like he’s contemplating what he’s going to have next. This always leads to a fight because lately he’s being a picky eater and I won’t allow snacks and sweets unless he’s eaten a proper meal.
Sometimes, Jayden is mean to me and it makes me sad. I put on my sad face and pretend to cry and Jayden will say, “What’s wrong mama? Don’t cry.” This is so darn cute! He climbs into my lap and tries to move my hands from my face and then I laugh and he does too.
I’m not too happy about this one. One day, I dropped Jayden off to the sitter and when I picked him up, I was no longer mommy. It’s mom now. I liked Mommy or even Mama, but no. It’s mom.

Traditionally, when Daddy and I sit down for our meals together, we give thanks to the Lord for our meal. We often hold hands and pray. I believe he prays at the sitters too because now, he’s started to fold his hands. Now if Daddy and I forget, he calls out our names and folds his hands at us. Now we pray several times throughout the meal, ‘cause he likes it so much. Amen to that!

Words
Mama, Mommy, Mom
Dada or Daddy
Ni-ni (Night-Night) or Night Time
Yes
No
Yeah!
Ok.
Bye-bye
Uh-oh
Ca-ca
Hi
Oh wow.
Oh no.
Ten-coo (thank you)
Bess-u (bless you)
Lub - u (love you)
Baby
Sowee (sorry)
Hello
Pees (please)
This
See ya
Cooz - ee (excuse me)
Car (he pronounces this as if he were from Boston.)
Home
Help (when he climbs into the crib, but can't get out)
Morning
Sit (sounds like s*it)
Eat (he commands Rio to eat)
Rio (sounds like ee-oo)
Go.
Ow.
Maya
Sleeping
Easy
Juice
Ball
Nice
Tight (when his shoes are tight)
Alright
Coming
Potty
Pee-Pee
Open
Close
Y'Welcome
Outside
Cold
Off
Look
Bus
Trucks (tucks)
Jayden (Ja-Jen)
Boo-boo
Awesome
Cheese
Crying
Up
Sun
Banana
Phone
Tree
Circle
Nose
Cute
Moon
Stars
Snacks
Hmmm.
Book
Spoon
Bird
Apple
Woof - Woof
Movie
Wait
Doggie
Hot
Bee
Move
Cool
Plane
Working

Spanish
Gracias
Si
No
Titi
Avion
Bobo
Amor
Agua
Caliente (he says tente)
Frio
Zapatos (he says papos)
Cayo
Sana
Casa
Luz
Cinco
Sucio
Aqui
Salud

Phrases
See ya soon
Bye Guys
I dunno (he actually shrugs his shoulders when he says this)
I know
Here I am or here they are or here it is.
Want more
Oh man.
Bye Home
Stop it (pop-it)
Come on.
I'm ready
Sit down mommy (when he wants me to read a book)
Where are you?
She's cute
Here you go.
Cars coming.
Daddy's coming or Mommy's coming
Don't cry
What's wrong?
It's fun
She's sleeping or Daddy's sleeping
She's crying
Got it
Night Time
All done
Move Rio (This is totally my fault)
Go outside.
Hey Guys!

2 comments:

Chau said...

It so amazing all the words the learn in such a short period of time. I am so glad I am not going through the picky eating phase along. Ky-An would just drink milk all day long if I let him. He takes two bites and spit the rest out. He hardly eat anything over the Thanksgiving holidays. Jayden is such a cutie, no wonder you adore him to death.

Chau said...

It so amazing all the words the learn in such a short period of time. I am so glad I am not going through the picky eating phase along. Ky-An would just drink milk all day long if I let him. He takes two bites and spit the rest out. He hardly eat anything over the Thanksgiving holidays. Jayden is such a cutie, no wonder you adore him to death.