Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Maya Turns 8 Months Old

This month got by me so fast. I was not even able to take her usual monthly picture in her crib with her white teddy, but I got one with Santa instead. I did want to take a moment to provide a quick update. She’s weighing 19 pounds and outgrew all of her 6 month clothes. She’s in her 9 month outfits, just barely. Soon, she’ll be wearing 12 months.


My little girl is so very active. She is not crawling but she drags herself everywhere and it’s so cute ‘cause she uses her big toe to push off. Jayden is really good about calling me when she makes her way over to the Christmas tree which she loves to do. She likes to grab the lights and guess what? She puts them in her mouth! She also scoots her way towards Rio. She started to pat at him and pull his whiskers and he just lay there. He took this as permission to be affectionate with her and put his big ole paw on her which of course hurt her. He got in big trouble that day so now when Maya comes over, he gets up and walks away. Good boy, Rio!

She’s also sitting for longer periods of times, but still falls over so I only sit her down in her playpen or her crib. She did have her first bump one day when I sat her next to me on the floor. Then I started to play with Jayden and forgot about her and next thing you know she had crashed into the floor. My poor baby. I was so sorry for her and for me too. Esteban is a finger pointer and he was giving me the evil eye. LOL!

She’s starting to use all the toys that Jayden no longer uses, which of course means he wants them now more than ever. She plays with the peek a boo blocks and with the activity cube. Jayden brings her all the blocks and then takes them away. He’s also started that annoying little habit of saying “Mine!” I had to nip that in the bud right away. “SHARE!!!”

Maya is a great eater. She’s eating cereal and baby food. I have also started to give her table food and finger foods. She’s adorable when she tries to grab the puffs and put them in her mouth. They land everywhere. Of course, this is an open invitation to Jayden to grab them. After all, they are fair game. I’ve given her crackers and fruit. She loves it when I put the fruit in that little sucker contraption. She eats banana, apple, orange, grapes, and pears. In fact, now Jayden wants his fruit that way too. Every once in a while, I will let him have it that way too and he’s always ever so grateful. I’ve also given Maya rice and mashed potatoes. She makes the cutest faces when she’s eating. I’m still working on her with a sippy cup, but she’s getting better at it. She has a full serving of cereal, a vegetable and a fruit and she’s still hungry. Yikes. I’m thinking of going to stage three baby food.

Maya understands a lot more now. She cries when I leave the room and when I come running back to see what happened, she smiles. Because of this, I’ve started to teach her “no”. But I can see she’s going to be a stubborn little girl and this is going to be a work in progress.

PS In case you are wondering, Jayden met Santa too, but he could care less. He was so excited that Jim, our neighbor, was there that he had no interest in Santa. Here's Jayden rubbing his eye and pouting 'cause he didn't want to take his picture with Santa and Maya. It's like I always say. Jayden wouldn't be Jayden if he wasn't refusing to do something!

1 comments:

fixedonHIM said...

aaahhh! I love the picture with Maya & Rio...so sweet! Glad Jayden's visit to the dentist went well. Madeline just had her 1st visit recently...Mia was not ready yet!
Looking forward to seeing your pics at Christmas!

Merry Christmas & Blessings in the New Year!

Love, Denise