Monday, December 17, 2007

Maya's First Ear Infection

Maya was running such a high fever yesterday. I tried to get the fever to break, but was only successful once so I decided to take her in to the doctor’s office today. It turns out she has her very first ear infection. This is the first time she’s been on antibiotics and she doesn’t like the droppers of medicine one bit. Every time I give Maya a dropper of medicine, Jayden’s waiting nearby for his share so I give him his fluoride supplement instead.

It’s so hard to see her just laying there with such a sad look on her face. She’s usually all smiles but I can’t get a smile out of her. Jayden has been trying to play with Maya and get her to laugh too but no luck. He doesn’t give up though. He keeps trying which usually ends up upsetting Maya. Oh well. I can’t fault the guy for trying. I’ve been spending extra time carrying her around and rocking her and soothing her so Mr. Jayden has been a bit jealous. This means that I have to rock him too and comfort him and assure him that Maya will get better soon. Now when Maya coughs, he coughs too. Then he comes over so I can pat his back. He cracks me up. He’s stir crazy too. He wants to go outside to play, but since the temperature had dropped, I don’t want to take Maya out that way. He doesn’t understand that of course so he just stands by the window or the sliding glass door and says “Outside mommy, outside”. Over and over and over again. We can’t wait for Maya to feel better.

0 comments: