Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Maya and Jayden Actually Start Sharing a Room

Now that Maya is older, I am desperate for two things. One is that I want her to sleep through the night. The other is that I want her to start sleeping in her crib. I would love to see her and Jayden start sharing their room. I can’t wait to do their bedtime rituals together, especially story time.

I decided that today would be the day that I tried it. I attempted to put them both down for their naps together. First, I put Jayden in his room. Then, I nursed Maya and by the time I brought her back to the kid’s room, Jayden was already asleep. Maya was still awake though, but she played for a while. When she got tired, she started to whine a little and I ran in and gave her the paci. Then she rolled over and went to sleep. I was so excited. They both slept for a couple of hours and woke up at the exact same time.

I decided I had to try again for night-night time. I nursed Maya, but she did not fall asleep as she usually does. Instead she became more playful. I brought her to the room and put her in the crib. Jayden was so happy. I went back to my room and waited to see what would happen. I immediately heard them carrying on, laughing, and clearly having a good time. This went on for a good thirty minutes. I kept tip toeing back and forth to check on them. Maya had no idea, but Jayden of course spotted me immediately. I instantly put my finger to my mouth. Shhh. He was being pretty good about it.

Then Maya started to get cranky. I went to the room and popped the paci in her mouth and laid her down. I turned around to change Jayden’s diaper and by the time I was done, Maya was asleep. Wow, what a good feeling.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

I hope things continue to go well with the room sharing!