It used to be that Jayden would come home and say “Hi home, hi Rio, hi car!”. Now, he comes home and says “Kaylie”. That’s our next door neighbor. Nicole and I have been taking the kids for afternoon walks and Jayden really seems to enjoy them. Anyway, he looks at me and says “Kaylie?” I ask him if he wants to go over and say hi. He seems to understand me and takes a few steps and turns back to look at me. “Go on” I say. He goes a few more feet and turns back for encouragement. I urge him on and think to myself, he’s never going to make it. He’s going to ring the bell. Nicole is going to open the door and he’s going to come running back. I was so wrong.
He rings the bell, the door opens, he waves good-be and he’s gone. I call him back, but it’s no use. Nicole offered to keep him and I agreed but only if she promises to bring him right back if he gets out of line. I still couldn’t believe it. I take my sweet time unloading the car and bringing the bags in, all the while looking next door for signs of Jayden. I started to unpack and organize and still no sign of Jayden. I walk outside and take a look, but there’s no sign of him coming back home. I go back inside and nurse Maya, change her diaper and get her settled. Now, an hour has gone by. Nicole has two girls of her own, including an infant so I don’t want to overdo it on his first visit. So, I grab Maya and go get Jayden. Can you believe that this guy doesn’t want to come back home. He’s having such a good time playing with Kaylie (or should I say Kaylie’s toys) that he’s actually running away from me. I had to pick him up and carry him home. What a little bugger.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Jayden Goes for a Visit (Without Mommy)
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment