Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jump N Joeys

It was my turn to host a play date again. This time I co-hosted with Sharon, another mom in my playgroup who lives really close to my house. She suggested a new place in town called Jump N Joeys. This is an indoor inflatable playground. Now, Jayden’s first time in a bounce house was about a year ago at a birthday party. I was inside with Maya and I’m not sure what happened. He either got hurt or the big kids bounced around too hard, but after that, he would not go into a bounce house and believe me I’ve tried. So I really wasn’t really sure about hosting there, but I decided to do it anyway. And I’m glad I did.

My sister, Mari, came up with her boys. We met up at the house and then drove there. Only one other mom showed up with her son and my co-host was unavoidably detained (104 fever). So the kids had the place practically to themselves. There was a small play area for younger kids where they spent most of the time and they really enjoyed it. After school let out, some other kids came to play and that’s when our boys decided to let loose and get into the bounce houses. They played all over. Jayden grabbed Aiden by the wrist and pulled him around. They were so cute to watch. My sister and I were so thrilled.

I felt like we were there for hours. And we were. I don’t think we left until well after 5pm and we got there at 1pm. Afterwards, we took the kids to dinner at Chick-fil-a. That was the perfect end to the perfect day. Jayden ate like never before. He konked out soon after and slept from 6:45 to 10pm. I was ready for bed at this point so I put on a DVD for him and let him watch it and he fell back asleep soon after.

Jayden is now over his fear and we can go ahead and get the bounce house for his birthday like we had planned.

Here's Aiden in the playhouse.
Jayden on the slide.
Sebastian looking in on the fun.

Maya stretches her legs and for the time being stays close to Sebastian.
Jayden braves the bounce house and it's obstacle course.
Maya takes on the alligator's tooth.
Maya and Aiden hang out in the egg chair.
Aiden takes his turn on the slide.
Maya looks for trouble elsewhere.
Sebastian is bright eyed!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww...so cute! It looks like the kids had a blast!