Today started out great. Jayden woke up. I immediately took him to the potty and he went with no problems. This was an improvement from yesterday, when he went in his diaper just before I could change him out of it. I was still reminding him to go every 30 minutes or so because he didn’t go poop yet. After breakfast, we went to the potty but no luck so we washed hands and moved on. I went to the kitchen with Maya and Jayden went to play in his room.
All of a sudden, I see him run out of his room to the screen room, but I thought he was looking for a toy. And then right before my eyes, I see him making that weird face. He’s watching me watching him and he comes back and says he has to go potty so we run to the bathroom. I quickly take his pants off and out it flings. I look at Jayden, horrified and I see the pee dripping down his leg and I was beside myself. So he got his spanking and sat on the potty while I cleaned up. I spared him the long lecture, but he knew I was upset. He came over to me for a kiss and a hug, which of course I gave him, but I went ahead and reiterated that he had to learn to go pee and poop in the potty. Ok he said.
After that, he was great. He went, usually on his own with no prompting from me. During his nap, he barely wet is pull up. Then, after dinner I took him to the bathroom to wash hands and sit on the potty and I heard him tootin’ so I asked him if he had to poop and he said no. I told him he had to do poop in the potty and he said no, not yet. A little while later, I hear him whimpering in his room. When I get there, the door was locked. Now I’m scared because I can hear him crying and the door is locked and he won’t open. I’m fumbling around with the skeleton key but I’m nervous so it doesn’t open. Finally he opens it on his own and sure enough he’s pooped in his undies again! Can you say angry?
How many spankings does it take? My heart is breaking for even having to go there with him. I don’t know why he’s afraid, but somehow I have to help him get over his fear of pooping on the potty. I know he's not the only child to be afraid of their own poop, but it's nerve racking!
So after that he said he had to pee, but he had already leaked in his undies (no doubt from fear). I took him to the potty and he finished up there. And then he wanted to go to the potty for the rest of the night every 15 minutes. I’m going nuts with this guy. Clearly, he’s got the pee part down. It’s the poop part that is throwing everything off. I’m really hoping that he’ll get it by tomorrow because after that I go to work and he’ll be home with Daddy and he's the king of throwing off my routines.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Hard Core Potty Training: Day 3
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Stay at it girl, don't give up!!
My little one was terrified of her poop!!! It took quite a few times of me catching her before she went to hide, and actually holding her legs on the potty so she couldn't get up (sounds harsh but I couldn't allow that fear to consume our lives any longer!) and I would talk her through the whole process while she was freaking out explaining what was going on and that she had nothing to be afraid of. For us, I had to stay on top of it with persistence...just like you are doing :) I too, would get very angry as well. My best advice is to make sure the encouragement is coming too along with all the explanations and the discipline. I didn't give enough of that and wished that I had! Like you are his cheerleader building him up to that point...
"Jayden, you are such a big boy now!! You have been going pee pee in the potty like Daddy!!! Give me a high five!! We know you can do this...we are going to be so excited when you go poo poo in the potty and YOU will be so happy when you can tell Daddy you are a big boy like him!"
We have to discipline and battle that strong will and I know where you are at and how tough it is...believe me!!!! Sometimes they just need help and at times, intervention ...LOL, to believe they can do this!!
I will be praying for you all for God's favor in this area...He is Faithful!!!
Keep Smiling & have an Awesome Day at work!
Love,
Denise
Post a Comment