Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jayden's Potty Progress

My little man has been such a good boy, since his potty training. He goes all on his own. He even closes the door and cleans up the potty. So far, we haven’t had any incidents in public. When confronted with a port-a-potty, he was scared and backed off, but luckily I knew there was a normal bathroom just a little ways away and took him there instead. My new baby bag item is a tub of antibacterial wipes. LOL Jayden rarely wets his pull ups and if it does happen, it’s only if he sleeps in. A couple of times, I have forgotten to put on Jayden’s pull up for naps, but so far, no accidents.

Today, I came home from work to find out that he had a minor setback. He was in his favorite chair, in the recline position. His feet were up and his arms were tucked under his head and he was watching his cartoons. He’s usually only this focused when it’s just before nap time or bedtime and he’s oblivious to everything except the TV. Well, he must have completely forgotten where he was because he had an accident.

When I came home, Esteban had just finished cleaning up and he was not happy. I sure am glad I wasn’t the one home because I would have gone through the roof. Instead, I came home, Esteban told me what happened and I had a normal reaction. “Well, he’s bound to have an accident every once in a while.” He just looked at me.

1 comments:

fixedonHIM said...

So glad Jayden is still doing awesome with this...even a couple accidents, that is progress!!!

Isn't it wonderful to think about how God has united us with our husband as one flesh...that together, with the Lord we can conquer anything! We can help each other stay encouraged on the hard days...knowing that this too shall pass!

God Bless your family!

P.S.- thank you for the encouraging comment you last left on my blog...it was God's timing ...it really was a hard couple of days! :)