Monday, October 6, 2008

Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with Jayden and Maya

It was our turn to host a playdate so I decided to take advantage of the timing and opted for Hispanic Heritage as opposed to Halloween, since that's what most October playdates are themed to. I was really excited about the concept and wanted to keep it simple, but incorporate food, music and art which are really important to our culture. Sadly, as the days got closer, I noticed that the guest count was dropping. About the same time, I got really sick and considered cancelling the playdate, but then I decided against it, thinking even if only one mom shows up, Jayden will have someone else to play with.

As luck would have it, everyone cancelled except for one mom with two boys and I would say the playdate was a great success. She was really cute, taking the time to dress the boys in themed outfits and made mexican cheese wraps to go along with the theme. The kids played with all the toys, colored, danced, played on the swings, and more. It was great. Four kids were more than enough for our celebration. Plus, Jayden got to observe Justin using the potty like a "big boy" and hasn't gone in his potty chair ever since.

Here's Jayden hoarding the crayons.
Here's Maya working on her piece, but she doesn't seem too happy about it, does she?

Justin finished his piece in record time and did a very nice job with it.
Christian was dancing to the beat of Fisher Price's Cantemos en Espanol. Too cute!

0 comments: