Sunday, January 11, 2009

The GPS

On Black Friday, I picked up a GPS. It sat in the package for about 2 weeks before Esteban and I agreed to go ahead and keep it and it was put to use right away. The next day, I used it to get to a friend’s house who had recently moved to the next town over. We used it to find a short cut road from my friend’s house to Hwy 50. And once, Esteban was meeting some friends and he had no idea where he was going so I programmed it for him. Esteban gets lost very easily so I felt relieved that he made it. For New Year’s Eve, we used it to get to a friend’s mom’s house in the deeps of Kissimmee. And then we used it to get us from there to my cousin’s house in St. Augustine. On the way back from my cousin’s, we followed the GPS and it took us on a different route that we’d never taken before and we really liked it. Just last week, we used it to get to my sister’s new restaurant and tomorrow I will program it so that Esteban can get from my sister’s house to his job.

So I’m glad we decided to keep it. It’s made my life so much easier, especially when Esteban is driving. He has a tendency to zone off and miss turns. Thanks to the GPS, I can clip my coupons or fool around on my iPhone without looking up to discover that we never got on I-4, that we’re still on the 408 and almost to the airport!

2 comments:

Happy Momma said...

Elizabeth - We love our GPS. They are great. How is the coupon cutting and saving money?

Chau said...

I can't live without my GPS unit. I've been known to drive in a parking lot to a store and get lost driving out!