Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Playdate at Paradise Park

It was my turn to host a playdate so I suggested Paradise Park. Luckily, the weather was cooperating and the kids had a blast. At first, it took a while for anyone to show up so I let the kids play and I took pictures. Because I was looking for the mom's from my playgroup, I couldn't help but notice that there were nothing but dads there. Was it National Father's Take Their Kids to the Park Day? Who knows, but there were about 5 or 6 dads watching their kids play and no sight of the moms. There's one in the background, still in his tie...

Maya was running around all over. I love this park. There's so much for the kids to do here.
Peek-a-boo!

Here's Jayden on the Elephant Ride, except it was no fun cause it didn't move. Does that explain the look on his face?
Here's Maya on the toad which does move. She was a happy girl!
Clearly, Jayden is happy again. But he's moving so fast, I could barely get the picture.
Maya doesn't like the rubber mulch getting into her shoes.
Here's my big, strong boy hanging onto the trapeze rings. Anna and Christian were also hangin' around...
He actually tilted his head back and said "Cheese" for the picture!
Maya loves to make music with the chimes. But she's not a good sharer. When anther little girl came over to play, she started to scream "No, mine!" Very embarrasing...
I never noticed this mural, but it caught Maya's eye and she kept saying "Look!" over and over again.

I'll skip the picture where Maya was shoveling sand into her hair (Yay-Me!) and the one where Jayden went on time out for refusing to share the shovel in the sandbox. We only had one mom and dad from the play group show up, but that made for a party of 6 kids so after the park, we took the kids to Chick-fil-A. It was spirit night for the local high school so there was music and a spin-the-wheel thingy so it was alot of fun. Jayden won the plush cow. I got out of the "Chicken Park" as other moms refer to it by offering the kids ice cream. Thank goodness. Did you know that if you get a child's meal and you don't care for the toy that comes with it, you can trade it in for ice cream? Me neither! How cool is that!

2 comments:

fixedonHIM said...

I LOVE the new background!!!

That park is so fun and that sounds like a great playdate for us to meet up with the kids to play soon. We get our second vehicle back this week...hopefully!!

Elizabeth said...

The last time I changed my background, it deleted all my little links and widgets. I was crushed and it took so long to fix. I really liked my old background, but it didn't come out like it was supposed to and I didn't know enough about html to fix the text boxes so I kept it. I changed it last night and happily discovered that I didn't lose a thing!

And yes, let's get together soon! This weekend, I'm taking the kids to Miami for a visit, but how about next weekend? Or if you want to do 4PMish on Monday or Tuesday after you're done with the girl's school...