Jayden turned 4 years old today. He's been practicing showing me his 4 little fingers for a long time so today, he was a pro. Even though, he pretty much dresses by himself, I wanted to help him today. As I was helping with his shirt, he told me, "Mommy, I am a man like Daddy now." I couldn't help but crack up. He's so smart. He knows his alphabet and can recognize all letters and even knows his sounds. He knows his numbers, colors, and shapes in English and Spanish. He's still a little wobbly with line tracing, but does pretty well with diagonal and vertical lines. Horizontal lines are a little wobbly. He loves to paint, play with play-doh, race his cars. He adores his tools, but he also loves to use Maya's shopping cart and stroller. He'll put all of his toys into the stroller and race it around the house, crashing into everything in sight. He wants to help with everything. He wants to help me in the kitchen and Esteban in the garage. He wants to help Maya even though she doesn't want his help. He's a little pushy that way. Even though he's getting bigger now, he's still not too big for my hugs and kisses. I love that!
It's been raining all week so I needed to come up with an indoor activity for us. We had pretty limited time since Esteban was coming off a graveyard shift and going back in at 6pm. We had just been to the bouncehouse place over the weekend for the party and since I didn't relish the thought of Chuck E. Cheese's, I opted for pottery painting. That was our first time. It was cool because they had ceramics, but they also had an option for acrylic painting, which you could take home the same day.
Here's Jayden's new smile face.
So serious...
Too bad Maya is so crazy with the paint still. You could tell she really likes it, but she was a mess and Jayden wasn't the only one sporting a new outfit. I really just wanted to strip her naked, but I didn't want people to see how obsessive I am. LOL
Even Esteban helped Maya when she tired of her first piece.
Maya pinches Daddy's nose.
Finished product. I was pretty happy. I helped Jayden of course, but he did most of it himself. I did the details like the eyes and the 4!
Afterwards, he insisted on Chick-fil-a for lunch. I was happy with that. They ate lunch and then played in the playground for what seemed like ages. Jayden played with all his "friends". It was so funny to watch him and Maya. Afterwards, we home home. It was super dark out as you can see. Rain fell a minute after I captured this shot!
I've never seen someone get so happy for a cake. I think that's why I always go out of my way to make one instead of buy one. Plus, I must admit. I love to test new recipes. The purple icing was left over from the Wubzzy cake and since green is his favorite color, I piped in green. Except, I am no good at piping so when he asked me for a teddy bear, I messed it up. This is what I came up with to cover it up. LOLWhen I tucked the kids in, they were singing Happy Birthday to each other. And Jayden said he was a big boy now. He then proceeded to tell me that he could drive like daddy. I almost fell over laughing. Out of curiosity, I asked him where he would go and he said to Publix to get milk. LOL







0 comments:
Post a Comment