Evening prior to Day 2: Jayden is not wanting to go to bed, even though he woke up at 7am, had a long day at school, cut the grass with daddy, and played with the neighbor's kids until 7pm. He should have been wiped out. This was clue #1. He didn't fall asleep until just after 10pm.
Day 2: This morning, Jayden didn't want to get up, or get dressed or go to school. He starts to wince on the way to school and says he doesn't want to go to school. He misses mommy and Maya too much. He wants to stay home with us. Why did I leave? etc. etc. I try to encourage him and reinforce that all little boys go to school and that I will be back later inn the day to pick him up. When I attempt to leave, he begins to cry at full speed and throws himself on me. And the teacher had to rip him off of me. I left crying. It was awful.
Day 3: Last night, he was whining all night that he didn't want to go to la escuela anymore. When I said he had to go, he asked if Maya and I could go with him. So sad. I hope for the best as he falls asleep earlier, but in the morning, he begins the day crying hysterically. He cried all morning, all the way to school, and as I left, he was waving goodbye and crying, "Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!". I had to stop in the hall and dry my eyes, remembering how he was begging me to go back home with Maya and Daddy. I wait for a few minutes. I hear the teacher encourage him and his crying slows. I look in and he's getting ready to wash hands for breakfast, but he's red faced and still a little shaken. So sad for him.
Day 1 was denial. Day 2 & 3 were a mix of sadness and bargaining. Maybe by Friday, Day 5, we will be at acceptance....
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
2nd & 3rd Day
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Hang in there girl...I know it is hard on both of you. :)
We went through that with the girls at church when they were younger. Not a fun time!!! The Lord will see you through though. Jayden will make it ...you will all adjust and it will make your family time together even richer.
Praying for you all :)
Post a Comment