Jayden's first day of school was what I call a psych-out. He went willingly. He was happy. He played with the toys. He seemed content. I left. And when I picked him up, his eyes were still red and swollen. I found out he broke down after breakfast when he realized that I left. Ugh.
Here's my baby in the car. This is the only picture he took willingly. For the rest, I was on my own.
We were waiting outside for the doors to open. You can tell that he's not completely sold on this school thing.

He cracks me up. Look at that face.

In the classroom, he sits and grabs a toy. He seems fine as he peeks over to me. I have already said good-bye at this point and I was by the door, trying to get a good picture.

Here he is getting something new to play with, but you can see the look on his face. I'm hesitant to leave at this point.

Here's my last peek at him before I leave. He's kinda just there. I heard the teacher tell the kids to gather up to wash hands for breakfast. I figure he's fine. It's probably harder for me to leave since we haven't been apart in two years. Little did I know how wrong I was...
0 comments:
Post a Comment