Friday, February 23, 2007

Number 10 and 11 - All In One Day!

For a long time now, Jayden has been waving good-bye. Of course, I think it’s completely adorable. A couple of weeks ago though, he started to say yeah when he waved good-bye. I didn’t pick up on it right away, but one day when we were out in public, and I heard him call out and then wave. Of course, no one knows that he’s trying to get their attention when he’s waving to people’s backsides so he started to call out, “Yeah!”. Since then, Esteban and I have been slowly repeating bye-bye to him anytime we waves good-bye. And then yesterday, finally, he said it. Bye – Bye. He waved at me and said bye – bye. I was so happy; Jayden added word #10 to the list.

You would never believe it, but Jayden had two accomplishments in one day. He was home with Daddy and I was at work. Daddy was calling him over to our changing area because he noticed that Jayden had a soiled diaper. He told Jayden, “Come on. You have a poopy diaper.” Jayden responded, “No. Ca-Ca.” J When Esteban called me and told me that, I was cracking up because when I clean up Jayden after a soiled diaper, he will always try to reach down and grab something. I always say, “No, ca-ca”. Esteban asked me, did you teach him that word? I cannot tell a lie. Yes, I did. Now, Jayden tells Daddy when he’s soiled his diaper by saying ca-ca. He’s such a big boy! Way to go! Word #11 makes it onto the list.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Way to go, Jayden! LOL on the ca-ca!

It's fantastic that you keep such an accurate list of the stuff Jayden does. I'm horrible at that. People already ask me at what age Jocelyn did such-and-such, and I have no idea! You rock!

Chau said...

Hahah..how funny!! Not only did he learned a new word, it's a spanish word at that!!! Way to go Jayden!

Elizabeth said...

Lauren, I know what you mean. If I don't write it down, I forget it. I'm trying really hard to make the effort to keep up on the blog after Jayden goes down for bed at night. It's so hard though.

Cindy - I know. They always learn what shouldn't learn first. I never expected him to pick up on that one. I'll have to watch what I say around him or say the more polite version. hehe.