Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Valentine's Day - Take 2

This year, Valentine’s Day was completely spoiled. Esteban worked late, for the third day in a row. Since he usually cooks when he gets home, that meant no dinner for us. We were both super tired and so was Jayden. He had only napped for 50 minutes at the sitters and was completely cranky. I thought that a bath would help him settle down, but he was even misbehaving there. Then, it was time for nighty-night and he wouldn’t go to sleep. This was the third night in a row. Finally, I decided to move him to our bedroom instead. Finally, he settled down. We put him in his crib and he fell asleep. Esteban ate leftovers and I had a bowl of cereal. I looked at him and he looked at me. Well, that was romantic. Not!

Jayden, Daddy and I decided to have another go at Valentine’s Day. When I got home from work, we all went to Carrabba’s for dinner. The wait wasn’t bad at all and we had such an enjoyable dinner. Great Food! Great Service! And Jayden was so well behaved for his age. He ate from every plate that was brought to the table. He had calamari for the first time, which he liked. He had salad, even though it didn’t have ranch dressing on it. Then he had spaghetti, which he loved. And of course, he helped me with my dessert. It was such a great evening. Thank God for second chances.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Mmm...I love Carrabbas! Unfortunately the nearest one to us is about 50 minutes away. Glad you guys had a great 2nd Valentine's Day!

Chau said...

Awww..glad you guys were able to have a chance to have your Valentine's Day dinner. Glad everything went well also. Too bad you guys can't go off on your own and enjoy some intimate conversation.