Today, we had our third class. Jayden went in with the usual serious look on his face, but he warmed up very quickly. Our story today was the Three Little Pigs. After the story, the instructor had straw, wood (Popsicle sticks) and bricks for the kids to feel and explore. The kids loved the straw. It has a very different texture and a distinct smell. It was everywhere. The kids really liked the popsicle sticks too. Then it was craft time. They glued together a piggy’s face together and then colored it. It was very cute. It’s always hard to tear Jayden away from the craft table, but when the parachute came out he came running. We played with that for a while and then we built houses with blocks and practiced blowing them down. Of course, they really enjoyed knocking the blocks over. At the end of the activity, the kids helped with clean up. I’m still pleasantly surprised at how much they want to help at this age. We closed with a song and made it out just in time. A rain storm had just ended. I am really enjoying sharing this time with Jayden and I’m hoping that there’s another class we can do together after this one is over. I’m learning just as much as he is. Lots of times, I refrain from certain activities because I think to myself, he’s too little or he doesn’t get it, or it’ll just make a mess. I’m so wrong. I need to do more. He’s this little only once.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment