Friday, August 8, 2008

The iPhone 3G

As far back as I can remember, I’ve always gotten whatever the free promotional cell phone was. Almost two years ago, I fell in love with the pink razr and I just had to have it. I hunted around and found what I thought was a great deal with a Cingular vendor. Almost immediately, I began to have issues with the phone and Cingular would not back it phone because I didn’t get it at the Cingular store so I was pissed. I ended up with a remanufactured phone, but it turned out to be a bad battery. So, I got the replacement battery, but the poor refurbished phone never made it. Never again. I was through with Cingular and through with vendors.

Ever since, I’ve been waiting patiently for my contract to expire so I can get a new phone, a smart phone. I wanted a phone that could do everything. I’d been eyeballing the Blackberry Curve and the Palm Centro. And then the new iPhone came out. Now, I don’t own any iProducts at all. Never really gave it a second thought, but we have several iPhone fanatics in the office and before you knew it, I was thinking it was a really cool phone. I mentioned one of its features to Esteban one night and before you knew it, he was on the band wagon too.

Well, last night he told me that he was buying me the iPhone as an anniversary present and I couldn’t be more excited and nervous at the same time. Today, I went to the Apple Store and waited 3 hours in line with some not so patient people by the way and got what I have to say is the fanciest gadget I’ve ever owned. A PDA, web browsing at your fingertips, instant email access, music, camera, GPS… Oh yeah, and a phone too. I’m so looking forward to playing with the phone. Thank you darling for my early present and for always working so hard for me and our kids. I love you!

1 comments:

Photography By Alyssa said...

Wow I was thinking of getting this phone as well. But now I am thinking of the LG Dare. They have a lot of the same features and no Cingular network. It's verizion. So how do you like your Iphone?