Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Scale

So during one of my many visits to Publix, I stepped on the scale and I didn’t like what I saw. I mean, I never like what I see on the scale and I always weigh more than what I appear to weigh. But this time, I noticed that my downward trend had stopped. Instead, I was beginning to gain weight again. This was not acceptable. Now I had eight extra pounds that I didn’t have a few months ago.

So while I’ve never been a fan of diets and have always eaten whatever I’m in the mood for, it’s time to bring out the reinforcements. First, I called my neighbor and said it was time to start our walks again. Because of the incredible heat, we had traded our walks in for the shady swing set or for pool time. And while we were never big walkers, we were out there once or twice a week. And because we are usually pushing two in strollers and tugging along two toddlers who can’t decide if they want to walk or sit or just stand there, it takes us almost two hours to go around the block a couple of times. So even though it wasn’t exactly a cardiovascular workout, I really feel that it helps me out tremendously.

I am also back to taking the stairs again at work. Since Maya was born, I’ve started to have issues again with my heel spurs so I was avoiding the stairs, but no longer. It’s on now! Plus, I am starting to replace more meals with cereal. I am home alone with the kids at night. No sense in having a huge supper. Whenever it makes sense, I make the kid’s dinner and then I have a bowl of cereal. This was working like a charm for me before. I have big hopes this time around.

After my first week, I noticed that I dropped one pound. Now, I’ll have to re-weigh myself. Hopefully I’ll have lost at least another pound.

0 comments: