Thursday, September 4, 2008

Maya Learns to Climb

So Maya has learned how to climb. She started by yanking the cushions off of the patio furniture and climbing up on it. Now she’s climbing on the recliner, the sofas, the chairs and this just in…
…the kitchen table! Yes, the other night I was in the office and I look towards the kitchen and I see Maya walking across the kitchen table. She was just as happy as could be. Her end goal was in sight. The mail. The started to smile and breathe loudly in excitement as she squatted down, chubby legs and all to pick it up. I calmly but quickly went to the kitchen and removed her and then spanked her bottom. Does she learn? No.

Yesterday, she climbed up on her bouncy seat, and used that as a stepping stone to climb up on the sofa and once on the sofa, she lost her footing and fell. She did a somersault and landed flat on her back. Of course I ran over to her and consoled her, but I had to wonder if that would be enough to teach her or if she was going to continue to get injured. Something tells me that Maya is going to be a risk taker, who doesn’t like to hear no and won’t quit until she accomplishes what she’s got her heart set on.

0 comments: