Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Potty

Jayden has decided he loves his potty. In fact, he has even started to carry it around with him. The other night, we were getting ready for bed. He’s going through a phase now where he’s not sure where he wants to sleep. Anyway, we were in my room and he said he had to go to the potty so I told him to go on. A few minutes later I see him coming to my room carrying his potty chair. I’m actually laughing as I type this because it was so darn cute, but now it’s to the point where it’s not as cute anymore. The other day he was watching TV and he had to go potty so he actually goes to the bathroom to get the potty to bring it to the living room so he wouldn’t miss his cartoons. Is he losing it? I was so mad. I started to yell at him, but I couldn’t even finish the sentence because I then started to laugh hysterically. And I was definitely going to hit the roof when he came to the kitchen carrying his potty to show me he went no. 2.

Now, the later in the evening it gets, the more time this little man spends on the toilet. He has to go every 2 minutes it seems. He has to go during dinner, he has to go when he’s getting in trouble and he definitely has to go when it’s bedtime. It’s not unusual for him to say he has to go at least a hundred times. He spends more time with his underwear around his ankles than I could ever imagine. The other night, he said he had to go potty and he wanted to use the regular toilet. Now, we are still learning how to use the potty in a standing position, and we don’t have the little seat that you attach to your commode, but I know he’s pretty good about hopping up on the seat so I let him go. When I go check on him in the bathroom, he has the roll of tp spread out all over the place. I started to get mad, but then I realized exactly what he was doing. (This might be TMI, so stop now if you wish...) Since Mommy uses a toilet seat cover when she uses a public restroom and he didn't have one, he was trying to re-create one out of tp. What a child!

0 comments: