For the past 5 months, I have been doing the exact same thing, day in, day out. I was trying to make the best of my new circumstances, but I was in such a rut. I felt sad and bored, but I couldn’t bring myself to say that out loud to anyone else. And when I thought about my husband’s kids joining us, I was terrified of losing my life as I knew it. It was ironic that the life I was so scared of losing, was the same life I was so sick and tired of. I’m sure I was depressed to a certain extent.
It’s amazing what the new schedule has done for me. Since school started, I am out and about much earlier. I have more alone time as well as more quality time with Maya. I feel like my days are longer. More productive. Gotta love that! And I spend a lot less time fussing at the kids. What a relief not to have to hear myself say the same things over and over again. The added peace has done wonders for me. I didn’t even know how tired and bored I was until my life changed.
So what did I do my first week? I spent a lot of time worried about Jayden at school. I wandered around the house in quiet disbelief. I felt like a part of me was missing. I guess back to school was an adjustment for Jayden and I both. On the flip side, I also did my housework in complete peace. Simple tasks didn’t take double the time to do anymore. Esteban got a ton done around the house and in the garage. I did my first hour of volunteer work at the school. I even got out to the stores to do some couponing and clearance shopping. And I got a much needed haircut!
And next week, who knows… I might even schedule lunch with a friend!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
New Schedule, New Life
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Yeah...that is awesome!!!
I am in one of those ruts too and I look forward to giving a praise report soon.
I told Roy this morning our house is so full of clutter that I just want to go and get a dumpster and throw half of our stuff into it...lol!! It would at least save us all the time it takes to go through the mess!!!!
Blessings on your week ahead! :)
Denise
Post a Comment