I've been wondering why it is taking so long for our package to arrive to the embassy in Honduras. We were given the address for an APO (army post office) so I did a web search for information on APO addresses and how often they receive mail. At first, I didn't find much, but as I started to change my keywords I came across this article.
U.S. moves toward formal cutoff of aid to Honduras (to read the article in full)
... the United States is taking steps — including its decision on Tuesday to cease issuing some visas at its embassy in Tegucigalpa — to raise pressure on the de facto government...
The official said this was a response to the de facto government’s rejection of proposals put forward by Costa Rican President Oscar Arias, whose mediation effort has stalled over the government’s refusal to allow Zelaya to return to power.
The San Jose accord proposed last month by the Nobel Peace Prize winner would have allowed Zelaya to return to office until elections are held by the end of November.
The State Department said on Tuesday it would only provide visa services to potential immigrants and emergency cases at its embassy in Tegucigalpa.
A U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity told reporters the visa decision was “a signal of how seriously we are watching the situation” and said Washington was considering other steps, though it was premature to disclose these.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
If you have a Praying Bone in your Body, We Need You...
Posted by Elizabeth at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
by reading your post it seems this is the right time to get them out of there. I can't imagine what you guys are going thru. I hope it works out. I will keep thinking good thoughts and maybe that energy will head your way.
HUGS
Praying & standing with you all. :)
God is Faithful, on time and NOTHING is impossible for HIM. Keep standing in faith & upon HIS word. The Lord is working this all out for you all...whatever doors He opens, no man can shut. You have a powerful testimony in the making.
Love you all...looking forward to hearing your awesome news soon!!
Thanks for your prayers. I was able to find out that our package did in fact arrive in Honduras on Monday. Now we are waiting for it to be delivered to the embassy.
Today, we received word from the embassy. They are open, and our case is still progressing. Even though they have ceased issuing most visas(tourist, business etc), they ARE still working on emergency visas and immigrant visas, from what I can gather.
Thank you God.
Praise God!!!!! So glad to hear it :)
How is the little man doing at school this week?
Hi Denise, Jayden is doing much better. Here's his update! http://themanyadventuresofjaydenandmaya.blogspot.com/2009/09/jaydens-progess-at-school.html
Post a Comment