Friday, September 4, 2009

Jayden's Progess at School

Well, believe it or not, Jayden just finished his second week at school. It seems to have flown by. He seems to be all settled into his school now. Let’s take a look at this week.

Monday: Tears in the morning and tears at drop off.

Tuesday: Tears in the morning and sad face at drop off. You know the look. Sad eyes, upside down smile, quivering chin… Yeah, that one.

Wednesday: No tears, just vocalized his desire to NOT go to school and got over it. No sad face at drop off! Thank you God! Today is the first day, Maya shows complete excitement over Jayden coming home from school

Thursday: Apparently, Jayden has a fan club and a little girlfriend. Taryn is her name and she jumped up and down with joy at seeing Jayden. They held hands all the way to class. It was too cute. Jayden wanted to hold my hand too, but I told him to go on ahead. You can’t hold your mom’s hand and your girlfriend’s hand at the same time! It was my volunteer day at the school so I stayed to read books during drop off. Just as the kids were getting ready to have breakfast, I left. Jayden was sad but he hung in there after I told him it was ok not to eat his yucky oatmeal.

Friday: Esteban dropped him off today with no problems. I picked him up and this time it was Taryn that came running over to me crying. Apparently, Jayden said he didn’t want to be friends anymore. 1st broken heart. Awww! He got his first homework assignment for the weekend. I’m looking forward to it!

Sometimes, I wonder what’s going on at school. Some days he says the teacher doesn’t like him and other times he tells me he told the teacher he loves her. Sometimes, he says the teacher is mad at him and other times, he wants to know what Ms. Helena is doing. One night he was rolling around on the floor and when I asked why he was doing that, he said the teacher told him to. Last night, he was hopping around the room, like a frog. The teacher said was his response to my questioning eyes. Today, we went to the store and I was eyeballing the meat when all of a sudden Jayden points to a sign and exclaims at the top of him lungs $10! I had to laugh. I was kinda thinking the same thing. I’m glad he’s learning!

0 comments: