After two months of couponing, I was starting to wonder if I was spending more by making more frequent trips to the store instead of saving on all these “hot” deals I was finding. I pulled out all my receipts and started to tally them. I’m excited to say that although it was a slow start and I’m still on a learning curve, my couponing efforts have been worth it. Proof, you ask?
1. August’s grocery list was about 1/3 the size of July’s. I was excited by this, but still not certain.
2. I spent $138.71 less in groceries and yet my cabinets are all overflowing. Thank you God! And I don’t mean just my kitchen cabinets, but both bathroom vanities are full as well. And my fridge and freezer are also well stocked. Here's my bathroom vanity.



3. I am seeing a 27% reduction in my monthly grocery expenses and I am very happy about this.
It’s encouraging because I know I made so many mistakes this month, but little by little I am learning and I am looking forward to next month’s savings. Things were tight for so long after having the baby and staying home for 12 weeks. We were looking very sad. Now we can focus on paying off hospital bills and catching up again. God is so good. Thank you Lord!




1 comments:
Yeah Elizabeth!!! I realize the same thing and just love to look at my little stockpile. I get a kick out of it. :) Isn't it amazing how much we can get with the same amount of money? Before I would be over budget almost $200 with nothing to show for and then the cycle starts again the next month.
Post a Comment